Sunday, April 15, 2007

Conflict Resolution Chan

As many of you may already know I am currently working on my Masters in Dispute Resolution.
This week has been a REALLY hard stress FILLED week at work and I had quite a few opportunities to exercise what I have learned. I am here to report:

I AM LEARNING!!!!!!

Old Chan would have torn peoples heads off, Screamed, and then told everyone where they could go (just not as polite as that). Then I would have had to pick up the pieces later and fix my NEW problems.

NEW CHAN IN ACTION: well I sat and thought about the situations as if it were a Chess Game. IF I...... THEN..... sort of thinking. I sat back and told myself JUST THINK... dont act THINK!
I did... and I was APPLAUDED at how I reacted to a particularly difficult situation that could have been REALLY ugly had I not sat back and THOUGHT how this should be resolved.

It was VERY hard to hold it all in .. But I did it.
So now I am going to take on even more difficult "disputes" because I can.
Think the UN is hiring?

1 Comments:

Blogger Abez said...

Oh man, whatever class you're taking, can you send me your notes? I periodically screw things up by reacting in less than optimal ways and then five minutes later wonder what the heck I was thinking.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home