Monday, September 20, 2004

the art of looking busy

You know that episode of Seinfeld where George was talking about how to look busy at work. He said if you look mad and irritated people think you are busy. Well that is true .... but I have also added the "confused" look. If spread out a bunch of papers and just look serious and confused... like you are really trying to concentrate. People think you are busy. Like right now I am typing this and I look like I am really concentrating and "I wonder if I am getting it right". So when people cut thru my office or come near my door, they do not even say hello ... because they think I am busy. They don's ask me to do things. NOTHING! What am i doing you ask .... NOTHING! Ahhh the good life!

I just wish I worked in a HUGE office where I had a Cubicle. Then I would NEVER work! Now I have this huge office ( so big people usually cut thru like a short cut to the hall way because I have two entrances to my office) and we only have about 10 people working here, so I cant go to long without it being noticed that I am not doing anything ( half a day max!)

I know the grass is always greener huh.... because I am sure Cubicle people are always like man I wish I had an office. A huge office on the 4th floor with two big windows and two entrances. Large built in bookshelves and a HUUUUUUUGE oak desk that you could camp out under.
Ok things are pretty good here.... and I should stop complaining.... here I go no more complaining. Even though I would love to have a cube to decorate!

3 Comments:

Blogger Abez said...

As a rule, Chan is fool
When it's hot she wants it cool
When it's cool she wants it hot
Always wanting what is not.

Mwahahahaaaaa!

9:09 PM  
Blogger maryam said...

cut thru like a short cut to the hall way yeah right! don't lie. it is a hallway. i figured you out! hahaha anyway happy trails on your quest to do nothing. how are you liking it ms employed?

11:46 PM  
Blogger Zee said...

If you REALLy want your coworkers to leave you alone whilst you do nothing, then you SHOULD camp out under the desk. Yoink all computer and junks off the top and cram them underneath. Then throw a camo tarp over it all and maybe rig up a submarine periscope so you can spy on the rest of the world. This is brilliant. Imna gonna do this at my office. *runs away*

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home